2) Songs: Start the Story Hour with the learning our names song. Go around the circle or table and introduce each child.
4) Theme: Remind the children of the theme of the unit: God sends his greatest gift, Jesus Christ our Saviour. John 1:14 “we beheld his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father”
Tell them that they are going to hear a Bible Story again today that shows the glory of God through Jesus’ first miracle. Miracles are amazing acts of God – things that ordinarily never happen. Jesus used miracles to show the people the glory of God.
5) Bible Story: Today’s Story is about A Miracle in Cana based on John 2:1-11. Read pages 284-287 (R 289-292) from the Read and Learn Bible (Scholastic).
6) Text: Today’s Text is: “He thus revealed his glory, and his disciples put their faith in him.”
- Water to Wine Painting… draw a large jug or glass with black marker on a white paper. Draw a line in the glass/jug about ¾ of the way full. Ask the children: what does it look like this jug is full of? Water? Show them a jug of real water. What does it look like? Add red/grape juice powder. Explain that we need to add something to turn water into juice. Jesus turned water into wine with just a word. Have them brush/sponge paint the inside of the jug red/purple to show the wine.
- Water Bottles… show the children the bottle full of water. How do we turn water into juice? Add Kool-aid singles to each child’s water bottle. Explain that we need to add something to turn water into juice. Jesus turned water into wine with just a word.
8) Closing Prayer... say the Lord's prayer together with the children
9) Going Home: Sing the closing together. Then, check to see if all the children have collected their crafts and coloring sheets before they go home. Say goodbye and tell them that you enjoyed learning about God together and were happy to have them today! You were, weren’t you?
10) Optional Coloring Pages: