2) Songs: Start the Story Hour with the learning our names song. Go around the circle or table and introduce each child.
3) Prayer... pray for the sick in your congregation today
4) Theme: Remind the children of the theme of the unit: God sends his greatest gift, Jesus Christ our Saviour. John 1:14 “we beheld his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father”
Tell them that they are going to hear a Bible Story again today that shows the glory of God through the miracles of healing. Jesus showed again and again, the God the creator, is Lord of all, when he healed the sick, make the lame to walk, the blind to see and gave the dead new life!
5) Bible Story: Today’s Story is about Jesus the Healer. There are many stories in the bible that you can choose from for this topic, or you may read several. Your choice of text, coloring page and craft, will clearly be affected which story you focus on. The suggested craft is pretty generic and should work for most stories. Read pages 288-289, 298-302, 306-310, or 311-316 from the Read and Learn Bible (Scholastic).
6) Text: Today’s Text is: “Jesus said, ‘I will go and heal him.’” Matthew 8:7
- Band-Aids… Give each child a boy or girl picture to color. Allow them 2-3 band-aids of various sizes to show the places that were hurt that the Lord healed. Decorative band-aids are available cheaply at most dollar stores.
8) Closing Prayer... say the Lord's prayer together with the children
9) Going Home: Sing the closing together. Then, check to see if all the children have collected their crafts and coloring sheets before they go home. Say goodbye and tell them that you enjoyed learning about God together and were happy to have them today! You were, weren’t you?
10) Optional Coloring Pages:
Jesus heals the blind: http://www.sermons4kids.com/jesus-heals-deaf-man-colorpg.htm
Jesus heals the lame: http://www.christiananswers.net/kids/clrpg013.html
Jesus heals a woman: http://www.kidscolorings.net/coloringpages/category/bible/jesus-heals-a-woman.html