2) Songs: Start the Story Hour with the learning our names song. Go around the circle or table and introduce each child.
3) Prayer... pray that our eyes too may be opened and we may have hearts filled with faith
4) Theme: Remind the children of the theme of the unit: God sends his greatest gift, Jesus Christ our Savior. John 1:14 “we beheld his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father." Tell them that they are going to hear a Bible Story again today that shows the glory of God in using sinful men to spread the good news of Jesus Christ, our Savior.
5) Bible Story: Today’s Story is about the conversion of Paul - "A New Apostle". Read pages 466-475from the Read and Learn Bible (Scholastic).
6) Text: Today’s Text is: “...you may see again and be filled with the Holy Spirit..” Acts 9:17b
- The Scales fall of Paul's eyes and he can see.. see craft and pattern here: http://bibleclasscreations.blogspot.ca/2013/07/sauls-conversion.html
- Paul in Chains for the Gospel... using black or grey construction paper, cut strips. Give each of the children a glue stick and show them how to glue the first strip in a ring. Then, link the next strip through the first and glue to begin building a chain. Build the chains as long as you like and show the kids how chains were used to bind prisoners in jail. Use Ephesians 4:1 for today's text instead.
8) Closing Prayer...say the Lord's prayer together with the children
9) Going Home: Sing the closing together. Then, check to see if all the children have collected their crafts and coloring sheets before they go home. Say goodbye and tell them that you enjoyed learning about God together and were happy to have them today! You were, weren’t you?
10) Optional Coloring Pages:
There are quite a few coloring pages from Paul's life here: