2) Songs: Start the Story Hour with the learning our names song. Go around the circle or table and introduce each child
4) Theme: Remind the children of the theme of the unit: God sends his greatest gift, Jesus Christ our Savior. John 1:14 “we beheld his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father”
Tell them that they are going to hear a Bible Story again today that shows the glory of God in using sinful men to spread the good news of Jesus Christ, our Savior.
5) Bible Story: Today’s Story is about the work of the Apostles. Read pages 466-483 from the Read and Learn Bible (Scholastic). This section covers the work of the Apostles in a very general way. You may break the reading up before and after the craft if you want to read all of the stories.
6) Text: Today’s Text is:
- Apostles (to the tune of "Jesus Loves Me")Jesus called them one by one, Peter, Andrew, James and John,Next came Philip, Thomas too, Matthew and Bartholomew.James the one they called the less, Simon, also Thaddeus,The twelfth apostle Judas made, Jesus was by him betrayed.Yes, Jesus called them, Yes, Jesus called them,Yes, Jesus called them, The Bible tells me so.
- Optional Additional Verses: Matthias then took Judas' placeTo preach to men of every race.Paul three preaching trips did makeAnd went to Rome for Jesus' sake.
8) Closing Prayer...say the Lord's prayer together with the children
9) Going Home: Sing the closing together. Then, check to see if all the children have collected their crafts and coloring sheets before they go home. Say goodbye and tell them that you enjoyed learning about God together and were happy to have them today! You were, weren’t you?
10) Optional Coloring Pages:
Here are all 12 disciples: http://www.suite101.com/view_image.cfm/190462 and http://www.suite101.com/view_image.cfm/190465