2) Songs: Start the Story Hour with the learning our names song. Go around the circle or table and introduce each child.
3) Prayer...pray "your kingdom come"
4) Theme: Remind the children of the theme of the unit: God sends his greatest gift, Jesus Christ our Saviour. John 1:14 “we beheld his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father” Tell them that they are going to hear a Bible Story again today that shows the glory of God in caring for his church. While the apostle John was fleeing from harm, God revealed to him visions of the future to comfort, encourage and teach God’s people.
5) Bible Story: Today’s Story is about John and Revelations. Read pages 484-491 from the Read and Learn Bible (Scholastic).
6) Text: Today’s Text is: “ I am the Living One; I was dead, and behold I am alive for ever and ever! Revelations 1:18
- Paper Plate Angel: follow the attached directions to turn a paper plate into a beautiful angel. Supplies needed: a paper plate, pencil, scissors, tape or stapler,
crayons, paint, and/or markers for decoration.
- Seven Golden Lamp stands… use coloring page of the seven golden lamp stands. The children can color yellow/orange/red with crayons or markers. Or: sponge paint with yellow. Or: color and decorate with gold glitter.
- This is my Father's World
This is my Father's World, and to my listening ears,
All nature sings and round me rings the music of the spheres.
This is my Father's World, I rest me in the thought,
Of rocks and trees, of skies and seas, His hands the wonders wrought.
8) Closing Prayer...say the Lord's prayer together with the children
9) Going Home: Sing the closing together. Then, check to see if all the children have collected their crafts and coloring sheets before they go home. Say goodbye and tell them that you enjoyed learning about God together and were happy to have them today! You were, weren’t you?
10) Optional Coloring Pages:
There are a LOT of coloring pages here based on Revelations: http://children.calvarychapel.com/site/curriculum_n.htm
Not all of them are appropriate to use for preschoolers, so look through them and choose carefully.