2) Songs: Start the Story Hour with the learning our names song. Go around the circle or table and introduce each child.
Sing one of King David's psalms today. Try Psalm 23 as that is familiar to many little ones.
3) Prayer... Praise God who is a loving shepherd, who cares his people.
4) Theme: Remind the children of the theme of the unit: God works among his covenant people to prepare the world for the Savior. Hebrews 12:1&2 “Therefore, since we are surrounded
by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us… look to Jesus.” Tell them that they are going to hear a Bible Story again today that shows how God works through David. David was just a young shepherd boy, but God saw his heart and called him to be king of Israel and do many great things.
5) Bible Story: Today’s Story is about David. Read pages 161-167 from the Read and Learn Bible (Scholastic).
6) Text: Today’s Text is:
- Crown Craft… cut crowns from poster board and staple to fit each child’s head. Decorate with stickers, confetti, markers or foam shapes for “jewles”.
Basic crown w/ "jewels"
8) Closing Prayer... say the Lord's prayer together with the children
9) Going Home: Sing the closing together. Then, check to see if all the children have collected their crafts and coloring sheets before they go home. Say goodbye and tell them that you enjoyed learning about God together and were happy to have them today! You were, weren’t you?
10) Optional Coloring Pages