- the stories are told clearly and accurately without too much commentary or interpretation. This is true for the majority of stories, but not all. Some discretion is advised. Some leaders like to tell the story at the beginning of the lesson and read from the Story Bible at the end of the lesson.
- the pictures are bright and colorful, without being too "cartoony". The people are dressed in ancient eastern clothing (not modern/western).
- the stories are short and simply told - just about as long as a 3 year old in a group can sit and listen!
- each Bible story includes reference texts (for example: Ten Men are Healed, Luke 17:11-19) so that the leader can easily read the relevant passage to prepare for telling the story.
- the story bible in inexpensive (less than $20) and widely available
By the way -feel free to use your own favorite Story Bible. The lessons are in no way restricted to this version and using another story Bible is as simple as just matching up the lesson topics and off you go!